Saturday, March 23, 2013

Talking about photos

When I paint, I scan my art most of the time, or tape a direct and even picture of the canvas with nothing else in the image.
But when it comes to dolls, it is much better to find fun angles, props, good light, and almost like a painting, you have to find the right position in "thirds", meaning, divide in thirds with imaginary horizontal and vertical lines:



 ...And place your doll (or main object in the photo!) on the two thirds to left or right. For a composition, it is more pleasing to the eye and gives you more space to play with if you .
Just practice a lot, if you are like me that wants everything pictured right in the center :oD


And a different photo with props, and placing the doll on the third side, but I think there's too many things to distract the eye:


Cropping the image a little, makes the eye go to the doll easier:


Have fun practicing!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your commenst!