Monday, March 18, 2013

Well, some news!

I had already sent my doll from my team, I was settling down for my other artsy activities when I learned some people had to cancel their traveling team and left 2 doll makers pretty much team-less, and I had been thinking already I would love to be part of 2 teams, like last time.... so I offered to be part of their mini team, and here I am! yaay!
My mini team's members are Lulu's apple in California and Wilma in Australia!

Since things were already rolling I went to my box of unfinished projects and I found the perfect beginning for a cute little doll. You probably have seen her in the eye tutorial.
She has been sitting pretty with only half a head of hair and no body. So, to begin with, she needed a way to attach the head to a body and polymer (or paper clay!) is the solution for crazy problems like this one.

I made this funky looking body part aka torso, out of polymer clay this morning. Making sure the size was right and there was a way for the head to sit safely on it and that it had a way to attach to a cloth body, so it has 2 little holes front and back.

I named her Linda. Keep checking for updates to see her progress!


  1. I love the expression on her face. She looks great!

  2. How nice of you to join their team. It seems like a great way to get unfinished dolls finished. I love her, so pretty. Can't wait to see her finished.

  3. how wonderful that you get to do another one and that you had something started that you get to see come to life now! I look forward to seeing more :)


Thank you so much for your commenst!